If you are interested in discussing, asking questions or just want to chat about any aspects on Feng Shui, please contact us!
House and Garden
- Remove all rubbish, clutter and bad smells from each room in the house and garden as this leads to blockages.
- Throw out unwanted goods, as this suggests you are holding on to the past.
- Fix flaking paint as this suggests tiredness.
- Fix damaged, spouting roof tiles or window seals if they or any part of the house looks rundown as this represents a gradual decline in health.
- Repair leaky taps as this suggests gradual loss of income.
- Healthy plants, fresh flowers, nice smells (aromatherapy) and good music attract good energy and lift your spirits.
- Keep the garden beautiful to entice opportunities to come into one’s life. Also keep it free from clutter as this signifies worry and prevents one from being focused.
- Maintain a good supply of fresh air by opening windows and allowing the air to circulate.
- Avoid sleeping near electrical equipment as the electrical fields they emit are potentially harmful to your health.
- The energy coming through the door is the single most important factor that will determine how prosperous the occupants will be
- The location of the door with regards to the sectors of the home, indicate a priority to the occupants, therefore a person who has their front door located in the North sector, suggests that their career is very important to them
- Make sure there is nothing in direct alignment with the door such as a tree or telegraph pole. To remedy this place a Bagua mirror over the door so it is reflecting the Sha Qi
- The path to the front door should be wide & spacious & well lit. Curved windy paths leading to the main entrance are auspicious
- A beautiful picture placed on the wall opposite the main door is used to encourage energy into the home & therefore opportunities to come into your life
- Your main door should always open inwards into a wide space to invite the Qi & therefore opportunities into ones life
- Place two wide leaved plants next to the main door to help entice the energy in such as peace lilies
- Avoid facing a dark, pokey room, an interior staircase, mirror, stove, sink, fireplace, the door of a toilet, laundry, bathroom or bedroom. To remedy this keep the doors closed or place a screen between the doors
- The bed head should be against a solid wall. This will provide you with a sense of support & security when sleeping
- You should be able to see the whole room while lying in bed
- Avoid placing the foot of the bed in direct alignment with the door as this is the coffin position
- If the bedroom or bathroom door can be seen from the front door it can turn the energy yin. This may make the occupants lack motivation and feel fatigued and lazy.
- Your bed should not be located under an exposed beam
- Avoid mirrors as they are harmful to relationships especially if they are directly opposite the bed. Remove them or cover them over while sleeping
- Avoid clutter as Qi should flow easily through the room. It is particularly important that you do not store anything under the bed
- Bedrooms in the East are said to be auspicious as they catch the rising sun. This entices the occupants to get up & make something of their lives
- Red candles in the South west (relationship) sector of the room are a romantic feature which will encourage intimacy amongst a couple. (never leave them unattended)
- It is essential that you have a solid wall behind you as it will provide more backing for your ideas & lends authority to your presence
- You should be able to see who is coming through the door. This gives you a sense of being in control of your work
- You should also see the whole room from your desk. This will ensure you have mastery over all you do, you will think more clearly, your judgement will be sound & you will be respected
- Clear clutter, a cluttered desk reflects a cluttered mind
- Plants, flowers & wind chimes are great in a study or office as they provide yang Qi to the whole room. This encourages you to be productive, maintain good concentration & obtain good ideas
- You should position your desk so that you can easily see out the window whilst accessing natural light
- Good ventilation is important, open windows are great
- You should face one of your good directions when studying or working