We all know that first impressions count and normally people decide if they are going to purchase a property in the first few minutes of entering a home. Real Estate agents have seen many homes fail to reach the sellers desired price because of small repairs unattended to or unattractive presentation and you will probably find it may only be a weekend worth of work and yet could assist in selling your home faster or even for more money.
Dusting cobwebs from light fittings, cleaning carpets and adding a fresh coat of paint on bathroom ceilings can make a big difference to making your home look its best inside in addition to the most important and inexpensive factor, which is clearing clutter! This can have a huge impact in the sale of your property.
Outside, jobs like weeding garden beds, water blasting the driveway and repairing surface cracks of brickwork or paths can give your home an edge over others on offer – not to mention a spruce of colour in the right place! Feng Shui has a lot to offer to facilitate a successful sale. Feng Shui remedies such as these can bring a house alive: The entrance is the most important area when selling a home so ensure it is as attractive as possible and follow these general tips:
- A fresh, clean welcome mat at the front door.
- Indoor plants and outdoor planter boxes or pots can lift the energy of a space and are great placed on either side of the front door.
- Pretty flowers in the front garden are always a lovely touch.
- Ensuring the path to the main entry is clean and well lit. This includes cutting back any over head branches and really opening up the space.
- Clean your windows – this signifies a clear vision
- A vase of fresh flowers in the entry to greet the prospective buyers. They look and smell great bringing Sheng Qi (positive energy) into the space.
- Removing the clutter of personal nic knacks that may be nice to you but don’t set the right tone for a prospective buyer. Clearing clutter also helps with any emotional blockages that you may be having about moving house.
- A metal wind chime in the front garden will help harmonise any challenging energy.
- Ensure all water features are clean and flow well otherwise this may be having a negative impact as stagnant water is not good.
- Fix any leaking taps – this signifies money going down the drain
- Clean your stove – this can have a great impact on your finances and you’d be amazed at how many people open the stove when inspecting a house.
If you have a home that is proving difficult to sell Feng Shui may in fact be the issue. Using Feng Shui to get these things right can have a subtle yet powerful impact on the overall impression of the home and ultimately on the final sale price.
An advantage of listing with Elizabeth is that ALL listings receive a Free Pre Sale Feng Shui consultation to ensure your home supports the sale & the highest possible price is achievedAn advantage that no other real estate agent can offer!
If you are interested in listing your house for sale please contact Elizabeth